November 1, 2003
Day 1 [ Edit ]
November has begun, and the EP In A Month project has begun. The goal is to write and record four musical entities (songs, tunes, tracks, whatever).
I haven’t written anything yet. Oh well. Coming home from a wedding today, I didn’t expect much. The closest I came was trying to go to Guitar Center to look at mic cables (they were closed). I have a rough outline of some of what I want to do, though:
- A drum solo, or more appropriately a drums-only piece
- A guitar and voice song, probably folky
- A dance/electonic track with synths and whatnot
- … not sure what the other original thing will be
- A cover, to be announced later, but probably guitar and voice. I have at least one good idea.
One thing I don’t like about this project is that I won’t really be able to work on real drums at night. As someone who works well at night, this may present a problem. However, there is plenty of other stuff I can do with a keyboard, pen & paper, or knob twiddling at night. So that is no excuse.
Someone asked me yesterday if I would be playing all the instruments and doing all the singing on this. My initial assumption was yes, because I hadn’t really considered dragging anyone else into it. If time allows, though, I would certainly love to have other people involved. That might have to wait until December, though.Posted by Joe | TrackBack